In order to satisfy ourselves that our claim that the 'Sigma' double acting semi-rotary hand pump is the best among the market leaders, we commissioned an independent pump engineering company to carry out tests.
Details of the test rig
In all cases, the tests were carried out using the same test rig.
1. Liquid pumped - water with a high concentration of soluble oil producing a very oily and rust-inhibiting liquid.
2. Liquid pumped from a 210 litre drum through a pipe rising 1 metre from the centre of the pump and then discharging into an open drain pipe suspended over another barrel which is standing on electronic weighing scales.
3. The same 1" BSP riser tube was used in all cases.
4. Barrel with pump full of liquid at the start of the test and approximately half full when 100 litres is pumped out. Mean suction lift to centre of pump is 0.64 metres (24 inches).
5. Delivery Head, 1 metre from centre of pump.
6. All test results are based on the average of three similar tests.
7. The liquid was pumped back from one barrel to the other at the end of each test.
8. Max delivery head test was carried out using a pressure gauge and control valve assembly adapted to be mounted onto the outlet flange of the pumps.
The tests carried out were as follows: